The general population doesn’t know what is happening with CPS and Foster Care and it doesn’t even know that it doesn’t know.
(The above statement is derived from the concept of Trans-Formative Thinking.)
Society’s general view of CPS is if they are involved then the family must have done something to get them involved. They are under the impression that CPS comes in offers all kinds of services and then leave. Sadly they could not be much farther from the truth.
Very often CPS becomes involved as the result of an anonymous phone call. Often this call is made by a former spouse or significant other. Or maybe that neighbor that you had a disagreement last week. The school teacher you disagreed with. A doctor when you chose to get a second opinion. Along with numerous other possible sources of intake report. While within most states there are criminal penalties for filing a false report, most still allow anonymous reporting instead of confidential. Therefore it is hard to prosecute. But this is but only one example of something few people know.
Here are a few others:
- Most states do not require Child welfare workers to take an oath to uphold the Constitution nor the laws.
- Most states do not define the conditions under which their immunity is void in order to bring criminal or civil actions against them.
- Most states’ accountability is over seen from within. Basically “The fox watching the hen house.”
- Federal funding for foster care is uncapped and states are reimbursed 75¢ on the $1.
- Preventative and Reunification services are capped and less than 10% of Federal funding actually goes toward helping the families.
- Child removal often creates a need for child support when none was needed before. Opening a revenue stream through Social Security Title IV-D funding to the courts that did not exist had they not intervened.
- Attorneys, doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, child placement agencies and many other entities have created a $40 Billion industry which collects various Federal grants to operate.
- Many companies that have child placement divisions also engage in the private prison system.
- Approximately 80% of former foster children will ultimately end up incarcerated at some point in their lives.
- Within a year of aging out about 50% of Foster children are homeless.
- Parents of Foster children suffer PTSD at about 4 times the rate of combat veterans. Children’s rates are much higher but not documented.
- A medicated child draws more funding than one not on psychotropic drugs.
- The child protection system is thought to be the number one abuser of Medicaid.
- Undocumented minors increases caseloads preventing American families from getting proper investigations.
- A wrongfully removed child is automatically an abused child because they will never be emotionally the same again. Within hours PTSD and Parental Separation Disorder sets in.
- In TEXAS, in 2013 a child was 10.8 times more likely to die in foster care than if they stayed in the home.
AMERICA, we need to wake up. We need to start paying attention to the damage this upside down system is doing to the future of our nation. #OpExposeCPS